29 October 2013
7 Tips to Give your Bathroom a Luxurious Makeover
The bathroom is one of the rooms where we start and end our day – but it can also be our sanctuary where we spend blissful hours luxuriating in a deep, scented bath or a long, hot shower. Even though the bathroom is one of the smallest rooms in your home – there are plenty of ways to give it a feeling of calm, tranquility and luxury.
Here are 5 tips to give your bathroom a luxurious makeover:
- For small bathrooms, select vanities that don’t take up too much room and so help make the room appear more spacious. There are lots of good designs for small bathrooms, so find one that suits your style.
- Avoid adding too much storage space, because it makes the room feel overcrowded and cramped. Go for simple lines and concealed storage solutions to add a feeling of space.
- Select both ambient and task lighting but also include some mood lighting – for those long, blissful soaks. Lighting affects how we feel so make sure that the style you chose lends itself to tranquility and calm – maybe select a small chandelier to add a touch of glamour in your sanctuary!
- Add a glamorous mirror for a touch of WOW in your bathroom. A mirror will also reflect the light making the room appear spacious, fresh and bright. You can source old mirrors from antique stores and have them revamped or search online for your nearest stockist. If your bathroom is large enough consider including a standalone mirror – for a touch of 1930’s glam!
- Add a heated towel rail – a heated towel rail adds a decadent touch to your bathroom and helps makes it feel cozy and warm in winter. This is an investment that you will never regret!
- Change your worn out tap wear to a more stylish, designer set. There are oodles of different styles available – and bright, new shiny tap ware can add a traditional or modern feel to your bathroom. Elegant and stylish tap wear definitely adds value to your whole bathroom. If you want to impress your guests go for unique and luxurious tap ware.
- If your tiles are in good condition be sure to check the grout. Old, broken and mouldy grout detracts from an otherwise great bathroom. There are many products around today that will clean the grout and there are even businesses that specialize in grout cleaning! Clean grout can make your whole bathroom look shiny new!
So these are just a few simple tips that can transform your old, drab bathroom into a luxurious, relaxing space. If you want to know more – be sure to check out Sasha’s TV channel and see how she transforms Drab in Fab and instantly increases her client’s wealth!