21 June 2016
5 Key bathroom renovations that add style and flair
When your bathroom has seen better days, but you only have a limited budget for renovations, the solution is to spend your money on just one or two key features.
The features you select for your bathroom renovations, will depend on the state of your existing bathroom. So to encourage your creative thinking and kick start your design process, here are 5 elements that will make a huge impact on the look and feel of your bathroom.
- Stone feature walls: Natural stone gives a luxurious, natural and rustic feeling to a bathroom, so think about adding stone cladding to one wall and carry that through into the shower stall. Adding a frameless glass shower screen as well, will allow your eye to follow the stone wall into the shower, giving the impression of more space and luxury.
- Glass walls: If you have the space in your bathroom and the privacy in your garden, then an entire wall of glass will let natural light just flood into your bathroom. This is a fabulous and rather wicked idea for your bathroom renovations, but floor to ceiling glass is a great way to brighten a dark bathroom. It also cuts down on your electricity bills, because you don’t need to turn the lights on during the day anymore.
- Free standing bath tub: Replacing your existing built-in tub with a freestanding tub will make a huge difference to the ambience in your bathroom. If you want a home spa sanctuary, then this is a vital step in your bathroom renovations and whilst you might need to retile underneath your new bath (the existing tiles might only go to the edge of the bath) – a beautiful, decadent, free standing tub is a delight to behold!
- Floating vanities: As with installing a free standing tub, you might need to retile underneath your new vanities, but it’s worth it, because a floating vanity unit looks fabulously stylish and modern. So when you are designing your bathroom renovations, think about using hardwood timber for your vanities and stone on the walls or floor for a really fresh, clean and luxurious feel to your bathroom.
- New tapware: There is nothing like brand new, shiny tapware to give a bathroom a stylish boost. So for a modern and updated look go for angled tapware and large, square rainwater heads in the shower, matching the angled tapware to square or oblong sinks that rest on your timber vanity units.
For turnkey bathroom renovations in Perth, call Sasha on 08 9468 7555 or visit her websites: The Renovation Company and Million Dollar Makeovers. If you interested in shop fitting in Perth, call deBretton – Distinct Commercial Design on 08 6355 5165 or head to www.debretton.com.au.