07 June 2016
Lighting Tips – The benefits of using LED downlights in your home renovations
Hi Everyone and welcome to this week’s Blog,
Energy efficiency is a great concept to use in your home renovations, as it saves you money on your utility bills. One of the easiest ways for you to include these energy efficiency concepts is to install LED downlights in your home, rather than using traditional LED lights.
So let’s look at the benefits of using energy efficient LED downlights in your home renovations.
- LED lights last longer: With LED lights you can practically forget about changing the bulb, because LED bulbs last for years. For example, if you use an LED light for 8 hours a day, you wouldn’t need to replace the bulb for the next 20 years!
- LED lights are energy efficient: Did you know that around 90% of the electrical energy used in LED bulbs is converted into light? This is why they are so popular in home renovations, because they are good for the environment and they use a lot less electricity than traditional bulbs.
- LED lights are eco-friendly: Traditional bulbs can contain mercury and other toxic chemicals, whereas LED bulbs don’t contain these chemicals and are 100% recyclable as well. This helps to reduce your carbon footprint and is good for our environment.
- LED lights are cool to touch: Led bulbs convert most of the electricity to light and not heat (traditional lights do the opposite, which is why they are hot to touch when lit). So LED bulbs are very safe to use around pets and children, making them ideal for your home renovations.
- LED lights are ideal outdoors: External lights are quite often turned on and off frequently during the evening, but this reduces the life of traditional bulbs. LED bulbs however, can be switched on and off as often as you need and it makes no difference to their operational life.
- Led lights are low voltage: This means that LED lights are a great option for remote or rural communities that rely on solar power, stored in large batteries and are off the grid.
As you can see, there are lots of areas in your home where LED downlights are suitable to be used in your home renovations. You can use them in any of your rooms, whether they are inside or outside and they will cut down on your energy bills and last for years and years.
For help with your home renovations, call Sasha on 08 9468 7555 or visit her websites: The Renovation Company and Million Dollar Makeovers. If you interested in shop fitting in Perth, call deBretton – Distinct Commercial Design on 08 6355 5165 or head to www.debretton.com.au.